Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Flash project, will I ever have it done?? T_T


I don't want to make what most part of people do around, posting profiles and things like that, just because there are good places you can find information already, and I don't feel the need to make another one.

But I really wanted to make something to make MY life easier, and compile some basic information about groups and people in a way that's easy to find everything I want to know, without having to be online, access a browser, have to make a search when I don't find at usual places like Wikipedia or some blogs I usually get information. Why? Sometimes I have so many things loaded at the same time that loading another one will make things really slower or even crash my computer, making me reboot... T_T

And, sometimes, you just can't access internet, depending on where you are, or in my case, if my house is without power energy (this happens often, because rains so much and energy cables will be off due to broken trees, lightning storms and such), then I'll just use my net-book until there's no more battery left or power energy comes back.

I saved some pages to browse offline, and have other random information at text files, but offline pages still needs to load a browser, and text files are always tons of different files that I need to go and browse one by one.

Then I asked myself: "Why don't you put everything together at one place?"

After this, I made a search for a software that could me help, but as I didn't want something to slow down even more my computer I tried SEVERAL different portable software and NONE of them did something like I needed. They always have limitations, tons of options I really don't need, don't care about, or worst, don't have the feature I need, all in one software, or are just too confuse to use.

Taking out the web-spiders from a deep place into my brain, I remembered that I once had Flash classes, and that I could try to make something myself, the way I need, with just the information I need, in one place, at a stand-alone/portable file.

Sounds pretty simple, if you just think about the thing already done... LOL (gnome theory working).

But I knew that it wasn't going to be easy. My classes were took years ago (like more than 10 years ago to be exact), and thing changed a lot from that time to what you can find at Adobe Flash software today. Back at that time, it was still Macromedia Flash... T_T

Thing is that once you have a bit notion of what it is and how it works, you can watch some tutorials at Youtube and by trial and error, do something that works.

The good thing about working with Flash is that you can make it, and at the end have it all in one single file. Be it a SWF or an EXE. SWF still needs Flash Player and sometimes, depending on what you have at your computer, a browser, but an EXE file will be stand-alone and portable. No need to install or have any other thing.

This way I started looking for what I needed to know, found an old version of Flash I could borrow from a friend. Spent a lot of time to figure out the new features and how things work with Action-script  But I managed to find how the basics work and started to make my own software containing fangirling information, like just basic profiles.

I'm actually working at a third file, because I found easier to start a new one than try to fix the older, as I have no idea on where I made things wrong... LOL.

The biggest problem is that making it is kind of boring... I mean, having to write all the profiles, configuring all the buttons, and things like that. At my second try I managed to have something like 6 different groups profiles in one file, but things started to get confuse at the coding and I gave up.

You need to be organized and precise, or things will never work. One single dot or comma out of place and everything is messed... T_T

This week I started working at a third try. Actually I'm trying to figure out the layout and how I will make it work, and most important, trying to do it easier to make the coding, as my previous try I made a drop down menu and sliding things that  made me totally lost at the end... LOL

No drop down menu, no sliding effects, and things like that... the more elaborated thing I made until now is a fading effect to a buttons bar that will be on when you load a profile.

This is how it's looking:


The blue vertical stripe is just to set visually where I need to put the menu, as I'm still working on. I'll take it off as soon as I set up all I need there.

There's a lot of work to do, as I need to make all the buttons and define how the layout will be. But it's the easier part of the thing... what will give me long hours of hard work is make every single profile the way I want it to look. It's not like just write and throw there, I need to configure each one in it's unique place and then make references so the software can find the right information every time you click a button.

Instances, labels, frames, buttons, coding... there are so many things I need to pay attention and keep organized to make it work... T_T

Out of that, searching and organizing the information, and then having it inserted at it's place...

This is how my SHINee test is looking like:


My Taemin test profile. The square is a back button, I still need to make one at Photoshop... T_T

There are just some basic information that doesn't change. Things that can change like height, weight and other random things will be at other "page". Probably I'll add a "next" button, to go and view it. For now, it's just to set the measures and have a sample to follow.

Every group will need its own sub-menu, and in some cases, the sub-menu of a sub-menu... T_T then there's a need to configure the coding and it's when I usually get lost... XD

The empty frame is where I want to have a picture loading. My initial idea was to have some pictures, each one from every different concept, as groups are always changing concepts every new release, and some people go through a lot of changes that sometimes makes you think: "OMG! That's really him??"... LOL

Soon as I set the layout, and the basics, like the menus, buttons and how it will work, I'll try to configure a calendar... that's something I really feel the need to have. Something that works like a pocket agenda, with all the birthdays, as I'm the worst at remembering... XP

After having all set, the samples, the way it will basically work, and the final layout, I'll think about all the profiles that will feature there... it will be a very long road, and I have absolutely no idea on how much of this road I'll be able to walk though...

Break time end, and now I'll go back to my work... T_T...

No comments:

Post a Comment