Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tutorial: Round Pincushion - pt 04

When I have to work with something that needs more than one thread to sew, I usually try to make the "joint" in the middle of the two cloth pieces I'm sewing. This makes me sure it will not be shown outside or inside. That's how I made it:



Having a piece back in the middle will make sure it will not be loose, and the end of the thread will be safe inside, in the middle of the work.


Just pull it and cut carefully. If you pulled enough, the extreme of the thread will go inside and not be shown.


To continue sewing, I fix the new thread near the last "point" of the previous thread, the same way I did with the first one.


And go back the thread to the top of the last "point" I made to continue.


To finish, after the last point, you need to just fix it with the first point you made... not sure on how to explain, let's see the pic:



This done, make a knot and pull the needle back inside to hide the end.



Now the bottom is right at it's place. As I didn't want that 1cm inside to stay beveled, I took the cloth off and carefully cut the excess. Next...




No comments:

Post a Comment