Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tutorial: Round Pincushion - pt 03

To sew the bottom with the side of the box I fixed all the borders with pins, letting the bottom *dark green* over the side border *light green*.



The light green is like 1cm inside/below the dark green circle.

To start sewing, using a single thread fold in half with a knot, as felt is really "fluffy" and the knot doesn't fix really well, what I made is having the needle back in the middle of the two treads under the knot.



With this made first, you can sew without having to worry, because the thread will be fixed.

To sew I made it this way *no idea on how to explain with words*


I'm sure that does have a name, but I really have no idea, sorry... LOL.

I don't like to work with a long thread, then I had to finish the first one and begin another. If you have this "problem" I'll explain next how I made it in a way it will not show when it's done. Next...

No comments:

Post a Comment